I am Orlando Dozier and I am running for the Oxnard City Council. I am a US Air Force
military retiree with 20 years of honorable active duty service.
I am married to my beautiful wife for 25 years and we have one son attending Ventura Community College.
I have the commitment, skills and experience to:
- Make responsible decisions that balance budgets and cut waste
- Identify and correct financial material weaknesses in City Hall
- Encourage transparency and citizen monitoring of city expenditures
- Support our police and firefighters to keep our community safe
- Support locally owned small businesses
- Improve our environment and protect our unique neighborhoods
- Continuously work hard to improve the quality of life for all residents
I have lived in Oxnard for 10 years and served our community as:
- Oxnard City Planning Commissioner (Current)
- Chairman, Oxnard City Community Relations Commission
- Oxnard City Community Relations Commissioner
- RiverPark Neighborhood Council Member
- Secretary, RiverPark Market Street Homeowners Association
- Parent Teacher Student Association Member
I have nearly 30 years of work experience with managing taxpayers (federally appropriated funds) dollars as a Program Analyst, Budget Analyst, Financial Analyst, and Cost & Schedule Analyst working for the US Air Force, US Navy, and Lockheed Martin Corp. I have a Bachelors of Art degree in History from the University of Maryland, and 3 Associate Degrees in Technical Management, Financial Management, and Business Management. I lived 12 years in various European countries to include Germany, England, and Italy and I speak advance level German as a second language.
Oxnard City Council Candidate